MIAMI — In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, the MiamiDade County Department of Solid Waste Management (DSWM) offers the following updates concerning its services.
• Curbside waste and recycling collection services are still being provided, as normal. Residents are reminded to place their carts at the curbside no later than 7 a.m. on their regular days of service.
• Take-out plastic, foam and paper food containers as well as pizza boxes and plastic bags are not acceptable and should not be placed into the recycling cart.
• Mosquito control inspections will continue. Residents who have requested a mosquito inspection of their property are asked to provide access to the inspector and to remain indoors during the inspection.
• Waste Enforcement Officers will limit person-to-person interactions with residents.
• Service requests for waste and recycling cart deliveries, exchanges and repairs continue to be addressed. Cart crews are also practicing enhanced hygiene and social distancing procedures while providing cart services at properties.
• All County disposal facilities, including the Trash and Recycling Centers, regional transfer stations, landfills and the Resources Recovery plant, are open and observing their normal hours of operation, seven days a week.