It’s that time of year again when South Florida’s vibrant Caribbean community comes together for days of soulful, highly energetic, culturally uplifting revelry known as Miami Broward Carnival. The event draws thousands to South Florida’s tropical paradise for a variety of festivities, culminating in the day-long party to end all parties, Miami Broward Carnival, on Oct. 11 at the Miami Dade Fairgrounds, 10901 SW 24th Street in Miami.
Below are 5 tips for surviving Miami Broward Carnival:
5. Pick your Carnival schedule for the week in advance (from Wednesday, October 7 to Monday, Oct 12) and stick with it. Pace yourself.
4. South Florida has an eclectic mix of Caribbean restaurants. Avoid the long lines by placing bulk orders in advance for pick up.
3. To get the most bang for your buck, go online to pre-purchase all Carnival events and fetes. Prices are generally discounted online and cost more at the door.
2. Drink lots of water or fluids (especially if consuming alcohol). You need to stay hydrated because Socarobics burns lots of calories.
1. Remain mindful of the powerful role you play in supporting Caribbean culture while also contributing to the local tourism economy. Your purchase of tickets, food, shopping and travel creates jobs and makes a significant financial impression throughout South Florida.
For more information, visit www.miamibrowardcarnival.com or call 305.653.1877.