• Whole nuts: walnuts, pecans, almonds, cashews or pistachios.
• Olives: whole and sliced, black ripe, green, Kalamata and stuffed varieties in cans and jars.
• Cheese: feta, mozzarella, cheddar, and aged provolone (tightly wrapped or vacuum-pack cheeses can last in the fridge for several weeks).
• Tortilla chips.
• Salsa in a jar: mild or medium to please most palates.
• Whole pita or pita crisps: pita bread can be frozen.
• Hummus: choose a sealed refrigerated package.
• Carrots, celery and bell peppers: whole veggies keep longer than pre-cut, and these three are easy to find in the produce aisle.
• Frozen cheese pizza: choose your favorite brand.
• Olive oil: a kitchen essential. These 10 basic ingredients are the building blocks for five delicious, party-worthy spreads that can be prepped in 15 minutes or less!
FAST CHEESE AND OLIVE TRAY
Cube cheddar cheese, aged provolone, and mozzarella. On a platter, make rows of alternating colors with cubed white cheese next to a row of green Pearls Specialties Garlic Stuffed Queen olives, then a row of darker cheese and a row of deep purple Kalamata olives. Present with toothpicks and napkins for easy self-service.
A simple cheese pizza is a canvas for appetizer art! Add fresh, thinly sliced bell pepper, shredded mozzarella cheese, and a generous topping of sliced black ripe olives. Bake, then cut into mini- slices or small squares and serve on wooden cutting boards. Drizzle with olive oil.
Place store-bought hummus into a colorful dipping bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and top with sliced Pearls Kalamata olives. On a large platter, surround the bowl with equal amounts of pita triangles, carrot and celery sticks, plus bell pepper strips. Serve with a bowl of Kalamata olives and cubed feta cheese.
Alternate cubes of mozzarella or provolone cheese and any variety of olives on small bamboo skewers and serve on a tray, alongside pita triangles and hummus. Expert tip: Cut pita bread in triangles, brush with olive oil, warm in oven 350F for 5-6 minutes.
Fill a cast iron pan with tortilla chips, generously grate cheddar cheese over the top, and slide under the broiler until the cheese bubbles. Spoon salsa on top, sprinkle with sliced Pearls California black ripe olives, and serve on a heat-resistant board. Extra Credit: Easy Pleasers Sometimes the simplest flavors are best. Fill several small, colorful bowls with Pearls Specialties olives, crunchy nuts, and cubed cheeses. A sprig of parsley, thyme or rosemary adds a decorative touch.
The key to holiday entertaining is being prepared with a few simple ingredients so you can spend more time with guests and less time in the kitchen!