If you are like most people, you could use more hours to get things done. But while the day isn’t getting any longer, there are plenty of ways to supercharge your routine and boost productivity, say lifestyle experts.
“I’m a busy full-time working mom so anything that requires too much effort and time will not fly with me,” says Janise Burrafato, the “Mama in Heels” blogger, who recently participated in the #MyWalgreensApp campaign. “Mobile apps keep me organized and ahead of schedule, and believe it or not, having just one less task to tackle really does make a difference.”
Here are a few ways to make life easier from the palm of your hand.
• Make shopping simple: You can ignore all those coupon mailers that arrive at home. Drop the scissors and spend some time with your family instead. Now you can virtually and quickly “clip” coupons through mobile apps like the Walgreens mobile app. You can use the app when you shop instore to access your coupons, which can be seamlessly applied at checkout when you use your Balance Rewards card, and pay for items directly from your smartphone.
• Sync calendars: Get the en- tire family up-to-speed on upcoming events, commitments and projects. A synced calendar system can alleviate anxiety and ensure everyone knows who is where, when.
• Permanent records: Making family memories last is easier than ever. Create prints, photo cards, wood panels and other personalized photo products by ordering these items through the Walgreens mobile app directly from Facebook, Instagram or your smartphone. “No more fussing with trying to print photos myself, which rarely works,” says Seri Kertzner blogger at “Little Miss Party Planner.” “This app saves me time and money!”
• Stay fit: When juggling work responsibilities with family life, it’s easy to forget your own health and wellness. Schedule time to work out and stick to these commitments as you would any other appointment.
It’s helpful if you have an app that tracks your progress and offers friendly reminders to hit the gym. Many fitness apps sync with other programs to offer you discounts on other products and services when you meet benchmarks.
• Automate: Automating certain to-do’s can free your time and energy for other more creative tasks. For example, these days, you can program apps to make automatic payments on credit card balances and utility bills.
Likewise, refilling prescriptions is no longer a matter of waiting on hold or in line at the store. Now you can do it with the touch of a button your phone. For more information or to download the app, visit the Walgreens website.
“The right apps on your phone can be almost like having a personal assistant,” says Burrafato.
Don’t get overwhelmed. These days, there are high-tech tools to help you strategically plan your day and organize your life.