Some people hop in the shower first thing in the morning. Others prefer to save the experience for winding down at the end of the day. No matter your preference, there are a number of ways to easily transform your shower space into a productive, relaxing oasis.
Here are six ideas to improve your shower, all of which can be completed in the time it takes for you to lather, rinse and repeat.
- Clean Up Your Space: A clean, well-organized shower sets the tone for a truly relaxing experience. Declutter by installing shelves or storage pieces. Some shelves and accessories can pull double-duty, featuring bath safety elements like grab bars to make your shower safer and clutter-free.
- Home Spa Experience: Set the mood with music. Install a fan or light that also contains a Bluetooth speaker. For example, Home Netwerks offers an option that even allows you to select the lighting based on your mood. Switch between white LED or soft blue light to set the perfect scene.
- Maximize Relaxation: Consider replacing your existing showerhead with an option that offers multiple spray settings, like the new Magnetix hand showers from Moen, which feature six high-performance spray options, ranging from massage to combinations of soft and forceful, full-rinse sprays. A powerful magnetic dock allows for easy release and replace of the showerhead, so that even with your eyes closed, there’s no need to interrupt your Zen.
- Sit Down: Sitting down in the shower is another way to relax while you scrub. For ladies, a shower seat will reduce the strain you put on your back and neck while shaving, and also help prevent spills and falls in the shower. If you’re short on space, look for a model that folds down to provide a seat when you need it and then neatly tucks away when you don’t.
- Maximize Space: A curved shower rod is another great addition for smaller showers. Check out Moen’s curved rods, which provide up to seven inches of additional space inside the shower, and come in a variety of styles and finishes to match any décor.
- Beautify Your Surroundings: A bit of greenery can perk up any room. Add plants to give the illusion of a lush outdoor experience. A philodendron is a perfect option because it doesn’t need soil and can thrive in smaller containers. Bringing aromatic plants into the shower can also help calm the mind. Cut a few sprigs of eucalyptus or lavender and keep them in the shower. As it fills up with steam, the fragrance will carry throughout the room. Take a deep breath and say ah…
In a hectic world, take a minute to pamper yourself whenever possible. A relaxing shower will help you tackle anything your day throws at you — or have you prepped for a good night’s sleep. Don’t underestimate the power of your shower!