The earthshaking hit to the tight end that dislodges the football and leaves the player disoriented; or the player who when hit, does a cartwheel in mid-air only to come crashing to the frozen turf while medics and coaches run to his side; these are the events in football and other sports at the high school,college and professional level that have forced the entire nation to become concerned about concussions.
Sports programs throughout the nation are asking how can concussions be avoided; how can teams detect them more readily; what are the long term consequences, and a plethora of other questions that are critical to the health of our athletes.
The Seeing Stars Foundation is hosting a special sports concussion symposium titled P.R.E.P.S. to address concerns and provide solutions for traumatic Brain injury assessment, treatment, and management for young athletes. The symposium is comprised of a series of lectures and presentations, followed by a Q&A session.
This event will be held on Saturday, September 26th, at Oxbridge Academy, located at 3151 North Military Trail, West Palm Beach, FL 33409.
P.R.E.P.S. addresses 5 of the most prevalent topics concerning Youth Sports Concussion: Prevention – Research – Education – Protection – Safety. Each Topic is presented by an expert in their respective field, with knowledgeable insights and experience on key concussion issues facing youth sports today.
• Dr. Francis Conidi – Florida Center For Headache & Neurology; NHL Team Neurologist (Florida Panthers)
• Dr. John Kuluz – Director of Traumatic Brain Injury and Neuro-Rehab at Nicklaus Children’s Hospital
• George Visger – Former NFL player (San Francisco 49ers); The Visger Group: TBI Consulting Organization
• Katherine Snedaker – Founder of SportsCAPP.com & PINKconcussions.com; Concussion Advocate
• Dr. Carl Cramer – Athletic Trainers Association of Florida; Associate Dean & Professor at Barry University
Also, a ‘VOICES’ Presentation by: Cristina Aldeanueva
Student Athlete at St. Andrew’s School – Boca Raton, Florida
Admission for The P.R.E.P.S. Youth Concussion Symposium is FREE… RSVP in advance online: http://seeingstarsfoundation.org