MIAMI — VIP Contract Connections & Teaming, designed to help business owners find new customers and network with each other, is set for Wednesday, May 9, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. at the InterContinental Hotel-Doral.
Attending business owners will have access to:
• VIP Contract Connections: one-on-one meetings with federal, state and local government buyers and large prime contractors – matches based on small business’ capabilities and agencies/primes’ requirements
• Interactive workshops to give business owners the tools they need to succeed in government contracting – including federal contracting do’s & don’ts; teaming best practices; learning how to contract with the military; forecasted opportunities in construction and professional services industries; and more
• A day of insights from government officials, procurement officers and experienced small business contractors
• Networking opportunities with other small business owners
• Keynote speeches by government officials and experts
From 2010 to 2011 the state of Florida spent $410 million with certified small, minority, women and service-disabled veteran entrepreneurs.
Meanwhile the federal government awarded nearly $100 billion in federal contracts to small businesses in fiscal 2010.
With Florida consistently making the top 10 states for government contracting, government contracting presents a significant growth opportunity for Florida small businesses.
At a 2011 VIP Contract Connections session, a local business owner walked away from the event with a contract from the U.S. Department of Interior.
Interested business owners can register at vipgovtcontracting.com or for more details call 212-539-3285.