A second application period is scheduled for March 20 – April 5.
Applications will be accepted at six locations throughout Broward County (See the attached schedule for location information and times).
The District’s Head Start Program serves 3- and 4-year-old children and offers a full day of educationally enriched activities focusing on the development of the whole child.
Research-proven curricula and ongoing assessments are part of the daily developmentally appropriate activities offered in the classrooms. In addition, Head Start services include dental, health, nutrition, mental health and family support.
The Early Head Start Program provides services to pregnant women, infants and toddlers.
Families must meet the income eligibility requirements as determined by the Department of Health & Human Services 2012 Poverty Guidelines. Families of children with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To complete an application, parents or guardians must provide the following documentation at the time of registration:
• Proof of age (child's original birth certificate or passport)
• Child’s Medicaid Card (if eligible)
• Proof of guardianship (if applicable)
• Parent photo identification
• Proof of all household income for the past 12 months (income is defined as the total money earned or received before deductions for all family members)
• Proof of residence/domicile in Broward County
An application may be completed by the parent or legal guardian at any of the application sites.
For additional information, contact Claudia Dean, Head Start coordinator 754-321-1961.