Here are five meals you can make from hurricane rations:
1. Grilled coffee and roasted waffles – this is good for the first few days after the power goes out. You can get rid of the frozen breakfast meals while providing a new twist on coffee that tastes smoky and gourmet.
2. Peanut butter with bread or crackers – this is a meal that can be eaten as a snack or lunch.
3. Grilled meats and veggies – be sure to get to the meat before the mold and fungus does. Grill the frozen food first and then rely on the dried foods.
4. Cereal and condensed milk. This makes a great dessert!
5. Tuna fish, potato salad, etc. Use the mayonnaise before it’s too late!