The 2014 International Pastors & Leadership Conference line up of legacy leaders for the first time ever will feature main sessions taught by long-standing denominational elders of the faith.
The conference will reach across barriers and collectively feature: the first female bishop of the African Methodist Episcopal (AME) Church, a Pentecostal luminary, non-denominational teachers, Church of God In Christ influencer — all to empower leaders to be more effective inside and outside of their churches.
Addressing the ‘business of religion,’ the varied outlooks will teach valuable lessons on business management, staff development, technological advances and much more.
Bishop T.D. Jakes, senior pastor of The Potter’s House and global influencer, is hosting his 2014 International Pastors & Leadership Conference, March 6-8, at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Fla. The conference aims to help church leaders to transform their ministries and strengthen their organizational infrastructures to serve their communities within an increasingly complex society.
Within the core curriculums of: Technology, Leadership, Fine Arts and Administrative Support, the gathering of faith-based experts will equip church executives, leaders and staffs with executive strategies intended to boost their ministries during an ever-changing global and economic landscape.
Taking heed to the 2014 “Branching Out” theme, Bishop Jakes moves beyond the conventional barriers by bringing together culturally, ethnically and denominationally diverse leaders to Orlando to speak to a wide-range of perspectives, expertise and leadership.
“We want to ensure the next generation of leaders maximizes their potential and believe in their dream enough to be exposed to this level of teaching by legends in the faith,” Bishop Jakes said. “Developing people is one of the most important things a leader can do. Equipping yourself as a leader but failing to develop the organizational structure under you can cause unnecessary struggles for any organization. This conference provides that opportunity for individuals to strengthen those behind-the-scene aspects that often keep leaders from reaching their dreams.”
Several thousand are expected to convene at the annual three-day event. For more than 15 years, leaders, church executives, lay-ministers, support staff and fine-arts leaders have come from all corners of the globe to hear from some of the world’s most knowledgeable leaders and gain revelatory principles to learn how to grow their ministries.
This year’s conference marks the second year T.D. Jakes School of Leadership, powered by Regent University, will be present and the first year the university will conduct graduation ceremonies for individuals who have successfully completed the executive course program.
• Bishop T.D. Jakes, senior pastor of The Potter’s House, a global humanitarian organization and 30,000-member nondenominational, multicultural church located in Dallas and twice featured on the cover of Time Magazine as “America’s Best Preacher” and as one of the nation’s “25 most influential evangelicals.”
• Bishop Charles Blake is the pastor of West Angeles Church of God in Christ. President Barack Obama sought Bishop Blake to serve on his 25-person White House Advisory Council on Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships.
• Pastor Brian Houston is the senior pastor of Hillsong Church in Australia. Pastor Houston’s innovative leadership style, teaching resources and podcasts are in high demand. Hillsong Television can be watched from nearly every nation, through traditional TV platforms and digital Internet technology.
• Dr. E. Dewey Smith is the senior pastor and teacher of The House of Hope Atlanta. Smith’s writings have been published in The African American Pulpit Journal while his media ministry is viewed by millions. Smith has also served on the board of directors for the Morehouse School of Religion.
• Apostle Frederick K.C. Price is the founder of Crenshaw Christian Center (CCC) in Los Angeles, Calif. Author of more than 50 books on faith, healing, prosperity and the Holy Spirit, Apostle Price has established several schools for ministry and formal education in California and in Africa.
•Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo is the founder of Kingsway International Christian Center. His philanthropic work earned him recognition as one of 5,000 invited to carry the Queen’s Golden Jubilee Celebration Torch. He’s been honored several times in the The Powerlist, a unique publication that profiles and celebrates the most influential black people in Britain.
• Dr. Cynthia James is a Christian psychologist, whose notable awards extend from the National Science Foundation Fellowship to the United States President’s Volunteer Action Award. She’s served more than 2,000 congregations nationally, providing support in the area of leadership development and congregational health.
• Bishop Vashti McKenzie serves as the 117th elected and consecrated bishop of the African Methodist Episcopal (AME) Church. Her election marked the first time a woman obtained the level of Episcopal office. Currently, she serves as the presiding prelate of the 10th Episcopal District, which is the entire state of Texas.
GENERAL SESSION SPEAKERS:
• Serita A. Jakes is the First Lady of the Potter’s House. As executive director of The Potter’s House Women’s Ministries, Serita Jakes oversees the International Ministries for survivors of domestic violence as well as the God’s Leading Ladies Life Enrichment Program for women.
• Bishop Alfred Owens has served as the dean of the Joint College of African American Pentecostal since 2000. As an adjunct professor at Howard University School of Divinity he teaches classes in the field of Homiletics and Church Leadership.
• Pastor Any Thompson is the founder and senior pastor of World Overcomers Christian Church in Raleigh/Durham, NC. World Overcomers was recently named the 16th fastest growing church in America and ranks as the 46th largest church in the nation — according to Outreach Magazine.
• Dr. Samuel Chand was named in the top-30 global leadership Gurus list and serves pastors, ministries and businesses as a Leadership Architect and Change Strategist. Dr. Chand has served as senior pastor, college president, chancellor and president emeritus.
For other information, visit pastorsandleaders.org