(Family Features)- What better way to show love and affection on Valentine’s Day than by sharing a delicious gift made from the heart? A sweet treat is the perfect way to say “I love you” to the important people in your life.
A national survey by Wilton found that a quarter of women under age 55 bake as part of their Valentine’s Day celebration.
And although women typically spend less than men on Valentine’s Day gifts, they give to more people in their lives – including a spouse or boyfriend, children, extended family, friends and co-workers. Among the most popular treats to prepare and share are cookies, cakes and cupcakes.
Try these tips from Wilton and get ready to bake to your heart’s content.
• Let your love take shape with the Valentine Cookie Pan; heart shapes and thoughtful sayings like “Be Mine” will surely make that special someone know how much you care.
• Go for a dip and jazz up everyday cookies by giving them a chocolate dunk and sprinkle toppings.
• Show your true colors and surprise your sweetie by filling the center of a yellow cupcake with pink or red batter. It’s easy to do with the new Two Tone Cupcake Pan.
• Dress up with baking cups and picks, which are the ideal accessories for your cupcakes; red gingham or pink polka dot baking cups adds festive flair.
• Sweep ‘em off their feet with a stylish presentation – pretty patterned window boxes and heart shaped bags are the perfect way to present your Valentine treats.