Most Broward County regional parks, nature centers and natural areas will close Tuesdays and Wednesdays through Sept. 30, due to cuts to the Fiscal Year 2010 budget, a county announcement said.
However, four parks will continue to open daily: Central Broward Regional Park & Stadium, 3700 N.W. 11th Place, Lauderhill, 954-357-5400; Markham Park, 16001 W. State Road 84, Sunrise, 954-389-2000; Topeekeegee Yugnee (T.Y.) Park, 3300 N. Park Rd., Hollywood, 954-357-8811; and Tradewinds Park, 3600 W. Sample Road, Coconut Creek, 954-357-8870.
Campgrounds will remain open daily to registered campers, except Quiet Waters' Rent-a-Tent campground, which will be closed Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Neighborhood parks will continue daily operations.
Private facilities – All Golf (at C.B. Smith), Butterfly World (at Tradewinds), Ski Rixen (at Quiet Waters) and the tennis centers (at Brian Piccolo and C.B. Smith) – will continue their normal operating schedules.
Polling sites will be open for voting purposes only on election days.
The facilities that will close Tuesdays and Wednesdays are:
• Boaters Park, north side of the Dania Cutoff Canal, west of Anglers Avenue/Ravenswood Road, Dania Beach; 954-357-8811
• Brian Piccolo Park, 9501 Sheridan St., Cooper City; 954-357-5150 (exception: open 5-10 p.m. on Wednesdays)
• C.B. Smith Park, 900 Flamingo Road, Pembroke Pines; 954-357-5170
• Crystal Lake Sand Pine Scrub Natural Area, 3299 NE Third Ave., Pompano Beach; 954-357-8700
• Deerfield Island Natural Area, 1720 Deerfield Island Park, Deerfield Beach; 954-357-5100
• Easterlin Park, 1000 NW 38th St., Oakland Park; 954-938-0610
• Fern Forest Nature Center, 201 Lyons Road, Coconut Creek; 954-970-0150
• Helene Klein Pineland Preserve, 4701 W. Hillsboro Blvd., Coconut Creek; 954-357-8700
• Highlands Scrub Natural Area, 4050 N. Dixie Hwy., Pompano Beach; 954-357-8700
• Hillsboro Pineland Natural Area, 5591 NW 74th Place, Coconut Creek; 954-357-8700
• Long Key Natural Area & Nature Center, 3501 SW 130th Ave., Davie; 954-357-8797
• Pine Island Ridge, 3900 SW 100th Ave., Davie; 954-357-8727
• Plantation Heritage Park, 1100 S. Fig Tree Lane, Plantation; 954-357-5135
• Quiet Waters Park, 401 S. Powerline Road, Deerfield Beach; 954-357-5100
• Secret Woods Nature Center, 2701 W. State Road 84, Dania Beach; 954-791-1030
• Snake Warrior's Island, 3600 SW 62nd Ave., Miramar; 954-926-2480
• Tall Cypress Natural Area, 3700 Turtle Run Blvd., Coral Springs; 954-357-8700
• Tree Tops Park, 3900 SW 100th Ave., Davie; 954-357-5130
• Vista View Park, 4001 SW 142nd Ave., Davie; 954-357-8897
• West Lake Park/Anne Kolb Nature Center, 751 Sheridan St., Hollywood; 954-926-2480
• Woodmont Natural Area, 7250 NW 80th Ave., Tamarac; 954-357-8700
Anne Kolb, Fern Forest, Long Key, and Secret Woods nature centers will remain closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays year-round and daily hours of operation will be 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.:
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodations in order to participate in county programs, services, and activities must contact the Special Populations Section at 954-357-8170 or TTY 954-537-2844 at least 10 business days prior to the scheduled meeting or event to request an accommodation.