water_moccosin_web.jpgORLANDO, Fla. (AP) _ A tourist is in intensive care after being bitten by a poisonous snake near a Florida resort's swimming pool.

A Dr. P. Phillips Hospital spokeswoman said 45-year-old Eric Geisman of Pawtucket, R.I., was stable Tuesday.


Orange County Fire Rescue spokesman John Mulhall says a crew responded to a 911 call Monday afternoon about a man bitten by a snake near a swimming pool at the J.W. Marriott Grande Lakes resort in Orlando.

The fire rescue crew found and killed the water moccasin after transporting Geisman to the hospital.

Geisman's sister-in-law tells the Orlando Sentinel that Geisman was bitten on the ankle as he was walking with his wife.

Lynn Arruda says her brother-in-law and his wife were visiting Orlando for a food management conference.