South Florida is joining the rest of the country in a last-minute push to persuade residents to sign up for health insurance under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act before the March 31 deadline.
Congresswoman Frederica Wilson, D-Florida, who has taken a leading role in the campaign, joined with Teamsters Local 769 Union to hold an “enrollment fair” in North Miami on Saturday.
“More than five million people have already signed up for healthcare through the Affordable Care Act (ACA), proof that ACA works and proof of need for affordable health insurance for millions of individuals and families who for too long have been uninsured and under insured,” Wilson said.
“I urge South Floridians who need health insurance to take advantage of this unprecedented and historic opportunity to purchase affordable health insurance before the ACA open enrollment period closes on March 31,” she added.
Wilson said her district office has been flooded with calls from people asking whom to contact and where to sign up. As a result, she has released a list of places where enrollment is taking place.
Miami-Dade County ACA Enrollment Sites
• Jessie Trice Health Centers, 5607 NW 27th Ave. Miami, 305-805-1700, http://www.jtchc.org . Help with application assistance
• Miami Beach Community Health Center, 11645 Biscayne Blvd., Suite 207, North Miami 710 Alton Rd., Miami Beach, 1221 71st St., Miami Beach. Office hours: Mon.-Fri. 10-4, 305-424-5551, http://www.miamibeachhealth.org/
Help with application assistance in English and Spanish; Creole available at North Miami location
• Camillus Health Concern, 336 NW Fifth St., Miami, Mon.-Tues. 8:15-4:30; Wed. 11:45-8 p.m.; Thurs.-Fri. 8:15-4:30, 305-577-4840, http://www.camillus.org
Help with application assistance
• Community Health of South Florida, 786-272-12100, http://www.chisouthfl.org/#
• Doris Ison Health Center, 10300 SW 216th St., Miami, Mon.-Fri. 8:30-5
• Everglades Health Center, 19300 SW 376th St., Florida City, Tues.-Wed. 8:30-6, Thurs.-Fri.8-noon
• Martin Luther King Jr. Clinica Campesina, 810 West Mowry Drive, Homestead, Mon.-Fri. 8:30-5
• Naranja Health Center, 13805 SW 264th St., Naranja, Tues.-Thurs. 8:30-6, Wed. and Fri., 8:30-12:30
• South Dade Health Center, 13600 SW 312th St., Homestead, Tues.-Wed. 8:30-6, Thurs.-Fri. 8-12
• Coconut Grove Health Center, 3831 Grand Ave., Miami, Mon., Wed. and Fri. 8:30-5, Tues., Tues. and Thurs. 8:30-7; Sat. 8:30-12:30
• West Perrine Health Center, 18255 Homestead Ave., Perrine, Mon. and Wed.10:30-7, Tues., Thurs. and Fri. 8:30-5
• South Miami Health Center, 6350 Sunset Drive, South Miami, Mon., Wed. and Fri. 8:30-5, Tues. and Thurs. 8:30-7, Sat. 8:30-12:30
• Citrus Health Network, 551 W. 51st Place, # 407, Hialeah, Mon.-Fri. 9-5, 305-558-3413, http://www.citrushealth.org /citrushealth.htm
Help with application assistance in English and Spanish
• Community Aids Resource, 3510 Biscayne Blvd., Miami: 871 W Oakland Park Blvd., Fort Lauderdale 1701 Meridian Ave., Suite 400, Miami Beach, Mon.-Fri. 8:30-5, 305-576-1234 ext. 283 or ext. 128, http://www.Careresource.org
Helps with in-person assistance with individual and SHOP exchange enrollment in English and Spanish
• Teamsters Local 769, their Union Hall located at , 12365 West Dixie Hwy. North Miami, March 29
Broward County ACA Enrollment Sites
Broward Health will have 19 sites for in-person assistance available soon, 954-355-4400, check website for details: http://www.browardhealth.org/marketplace
Help with application assistance in English, Spanish
• Broward Regional Health Planning Council, 200 Oakwood Lane, Suite 100, Hollywood, Mon.-Fri. 8:30.-5, 954-561-9681
• Urban League of Broward County, 560 NW 27th Ave., Fort Lauderdale, Mon.-Fri. 9-5, 954-574-0777
• Community Access Center, 8910 Miramar Pkwy, Suite 208, Miramar, Mon.-Fri. by appointment, 954-534-9113
• Annie L. Weaver Health Center and Family Success Center, 2011 NW Third Ave., Pompano Beach, Mon.-Fri. by appointment, 954-534-9113
• Edgar P. Mills Multi-Purpose Center, 900 NW 31st Ave., Suite 3000,
Fort Lauderdale, Mon.-Fri. by appointment, 954-534-9113
• Hispanic Unity of Florida, 5840 Johnson St., Hollywood, Mon.-Fri. by appointment, 954-342-0296 or 954-964-8884 ext. 203 or 216
• Northwest Family Success Center, 10077 NW 29th St. Coral Springs, Mon.-Fri. by appointment, 954-534-9113
Palm Beach County ACA Enrollment Site
• Midtown Imaging, 3713 S Congress, Lake Worth. Walk ins will be accepted, Sat. 10-3
Monroe County ACA Enrollment Site
• Marathon Health Center, 2855 Overseas Highway, Marathon, Tues.-Thurs. 8:30-7, Wed.-Fri. 8:30-5; Sat. 10-2